Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 43-50 - Mesa, Arizona







Jack is ready to head to Mesa.  All the trucks he owns have to be on his lap!  

Jack's best buddy, Oliver, and his parents Joanne and Dave, have a condo in Mesa and we spent 5 days or so hanging out with them while John took a flight back to Edmonton to surprise his mom for Mother's Day (it worked - she was surprised and happy to see him).  It was also a good break for us!! 

We parked in the parking lot of the condo and therefore didn't have any services but we spent most of our time in the condo anyway.  Jack loved his playtime with Oliver and we had lots of fun in the pool, fighting over cars, shopping, amusement centers (they are the coolest dancers on "Dance, Dance, Revolution"), and eating out (cheers! - do not teach your child this...you have to do it 50 times in one sitting).  It was wonderful to be able to spend time with the Meyers and we were spoiled by them - thank you so much you guys!              

John returned & went golfing with friends and Jo and I had a pedicure and manicure for $28!!  You have to love those spa sweat shops!  Jack finally had a haircut (and now looks even less like my baby and more like a little boy). 

Camping in the city in the heat with a dog is more than difficult so we are off to Sedona's red rocks with a wild dog and a little boy with a fever and diarrhea.  And so starts the second half of our trip!

3 comments:

The Tierney's said...

Pleeezzz tell me you saving clippings...The sippie cup "cheers" is a keeper!!! We miss you guys sooooo much...is seems like forever since we knew you! The PEI trek that we joked about now sounds like a great plan as my Dad has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and I feel a burning desire to be there...in your motor home! Where are you heading to now? You guys rock my world! Susan and gang...

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

I was starting to worry when I didn't see a post for a long time. Glad to see everything's going great. It's so cute to see Jack with his little friend - he is changing from a baby into a little boy. But, boy oh boy, as I said before, in almost every photos he looks like a BabyGap kid.
I started at my new job at Galleon on Tuesday - super busy but a super fun group/company. It sure did feel good to quit Sword. Me and Tony had more years at that company than any of the other 75 employees. I cleaned out all of my old Thunder/Impact stuff and filled a whole recycle box. Talk about a feeling of freedom!
Summer's finally here in Calgary - Yahoo!

xxxP.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Our friends Liz and Mark were visiting this weekend, and Liz taught Elora to "cheers" So I feel your pain, baby!